The thought of managing an entire property can seem like a daunting task. There is a wide range of skills needed to please guests ranging from bedding, to amenities, to food preparation, and friendly customer service. Sheets alone have so many different parts that are being intertwined. There are a few key words that property managers should be aware of when it comes to sheeting.
- Combing – A process where the short, coarse cotton fibers have been placed parallel to each other to create a finer, more silky yarn.
- Egyptian Cotton – Fabric made of long-fiber cotton. Used to create soft, durable products that are exceptionally smooth.
- Easy-Care Finish – A treatment applied to the cloth which becomes an
integral part of the fibers, creating the desirable aesthetic effect of easy care.
- Fiber Content – Most sheets are manufactured of either cotton and polyester or just all cotton. Cotton polyester sheets are favored by those appreciating no-iron. 100% combed cotton is desirable for its softness, absorbency, breathability and pill-free comfort.
- Finished Size – The actual dimensions of a sheet or pillow case after self hemming or after the addition of an attached hem.
- Percale – A smooth, finely combed, and closely woven cloth with a minimum of 180 threads per square inch.
- Pima – Cotton grown in the southwestern US that was originally developed from Sea Island and Egyptian seed. Pima Cotton is the US grown equivalent of Egyptian Cotton.
- Sateen – Special weaving technique in which more yarns are brought to the surface of the cloth creating a satin like feel.
- Selvage – Closely woven edge on each side of a sheet made of heavier twisted yarns which have been added to prevent ravelying.
- Supima – An extremely rare type of cotton that has extra-long fibers giving the linen supreme strength and softness.
- Thread Count – The total number of lengthwise and widthwise threads in one square incho of cloth. The higher the thread count, the higher quality the sheets.
The most popular bedding product offered at InnStyle is their InnStyle 600 Wrinkle Free Sheets. Place your order now! Give InnStyle a call at 267-354-6020 or 800-877-4667. You can also visit their website at https://www.innstyle.com/ for more information.