What are some of the qualities you look for when determining what kind of sheets you want your property to use? Do you look for sheets that have a certain color, a particular thread count, breathe well, and are made with a particular fabric like 100% cotton or a cotton polyester blend? Usually, 100% cotton sheets are highly desired by hospitality properties, but they can come with a lot of work for housekeeping staff because they are known for their tendency to wrinkle. The most common and best method for removing wrinkles from sheets is ironing. However, there are other methods to reduce wrinkles in 100% cotton sheets so that you hopefully won’t have to iron them as often or for as long.
How to Properly Iron Sheets
Ironing sheets is vital to a neat and clean presentation to your guests and elevating your guests’ experience. While presenting a tidy appearance to their bedroom, ironing also helps make sheets softer if they’re new or haven’t been used in a long time. The following is a list of steps for how to best iron your sheets:
- Make sure the sheets are laundered and dried based on the instructions of manufacturer label.
- Adjust the iron to the proper temperature setting and make sure you first test it on a small portion of any new sheets to ensure the sheets don’t get damaged or burned.
- Fitted sheets should be ironed one section at a time and don’t clump the sheet together which could lead to the sections creasing.
- Flat sheets can be folded in half to make the process simpler.
- After the sheets have been ironed, double-check them to make sure no creases were formed, but use a spray water bottle and then re-iron if creases did develop.
- It will be best to make the bed as soon as possible once the sheets are ironed to prevent any new wrinkling.
For those who have sheets that are prone to wrinkling, some simple alternatives could be using steamers or wrinkle spray. Just like it sounds, a steamer is a product that uses hot steam to remove wrinkles from linen and fabric like clothing sheets. The purpose of wrinkle spray is to loosen fibers in the sheets which will allow the wrinkles to be naturally removed from the linen. Ironing is still the best option, but a steamer and wrinkle spray can be a solid short-term solution if there is no iron available.
How to Reduce Wrinkling in Sheets
Cotton Polyester Sheets
One solution to fixing wrinkling issues in sheets is to use cotton polyester blend sheets instead of 100% cotton sheets. The combination of cotton and polyester develops a material that does not wrinkle. If your property is adamant on using 100% cotton sheets, InnStyle does offer a sheet called the InnStyle 600 Wrinkle Free Sheets that are 100% cotton, but they do not require ironing. That is why they are InnStyle’s most popular product.
There are certain steps that can be taken when putting sheets in the washing machine and dryer to help prevent wrinkling.
- Sheets should be untangled before the laundering process.
- The washing machine shouldn’t be over-filled because sheets that get squished can develop wrinkles.
- Remove sheets from the dryer that are a little damp to help reduce wrinkling and shrinkage.
- Don’t leave the sheets sitting idly in the washing machine and dryer once the laundering cycle is complete because this can lead to wrinkling.
- More wrinkles tend to form in higher temperatures than lower temperatures.
- Air drying sheets is better at reducing wrinkles because they will be drying in a flat position and the water will drip straight down which means the Earth will do most of the wrinkling removing for your property in a natural way.
InnStyle has a Large Sheet Selection for You
Sheeting will always be one of the most important linens for any hospitality property. That is why your property needs to select durable, high-quality sheets that will help your guests enjoy their stay. Wrinkles are common with many 100% cotton sheets, but that is why InnStyle offers such a wide range of different sheet types, sizes, and colors. They have 100% cotton, cotton polyester, organic, and microfiber sheets. Please give InnStyle a call and speak with their account managers about any sheeting or hospitality questions you may have. They can be reached at 267-354-6020 or 800-877-4667. Their website is https://www.innstyle.com/.