Antimicrobial products or agents kill or reduce the spread microorganisms including bacteria and viruses. Antimicrobials are usually added in to a product to make it more effective and keep it fresh. These products will reduce the chances of guests getting sick.
It would be hard to find a day in the news during 2020 when there hasn’t been a mention of topics surrounding germs or viruses. The hospitality industry has been affected and made many changes to their daily operations to help promote sanitation and cleanliness. Many in the industry have even changed the types of linens they use at their properties. A trend that has been rising over the past few months is linens that are antimicrobial. As innkeepers try to take the best care of their guests, many have found that antimicrobial linens are a good way to improve the quality of their properties. This blog will explain what antimicrobial means, the differences between antimicrobial vs antibacterial, the benefits of antimicrobial linens, and different types of antimicrobial products we offer.
What is Antimicrobial?
Antimicrobial products or agents kill or reduce the spread microorganisms such as bacteria and viruses. Antimicrobials are usually added in to a product to make it more effective and keep it fresh. These products will reduce the chances of guests getting sick.
Antimicrobial vs Antibacterial
These two terms are commonly used when referring to proper hygiene and the reduction of germs. Both are effective at improving health conditions, but they work in different ways.
- Destroys and prevents the growth of microorganisms like bacteria, viruses, and fungi
- Acts against a wider range of microorganisms than antibacterial products
- Made with ingredients like silver or zinc that kill harmful microorganisms
- Common in settings like hospitals, offices, schools, etc
- Used in products like face masks, linens, cleaning products, mattresses and food service products
- Prevents and eliminates the growth of bacteria
- Doesn’t prevent the production of odor-causing and other dangerous microorganisms the same way antimicrobial products can
- Also developed with ingredients like silver which bacteria can’t survive on
- Effective against bacteria illnesses like E. coli and MRSA
- Common examples of antibacterial products include soaps, wipes, and detergents
- Used in houses, hotels, offices, etc
Benefits of Antimicrobials in Linens
- Antimicrobials are used in a wide range of industries, but we are going to focus on the benefits antimicrobial products can bring to the hospitality industry
- Antimicrobial products like sheets and towels are developed with properties that attack germs and bad odors to help keep them fresh
- Typically don’t need to be laundered as often because they are more sanitary and fresh
- Silver Strands added on a molecular level woven into the fibers are the key to success for keeping linens fresh and sanitary
- Tend to be more durable than non-antimicrobial products and have been known to use less water when being laundered
- Gives guests peace of mind concerning the cleanliness of a property and shows that you care
Antimicrobial Products Offered at InnStyle
InnStyle offers antimicrobial products including towels, face masks, and mattresses, mattress protectors, and pillow protectors.
WPH Clean Towel with Antimicrobial Technology- This towel is developed with 97% cotton and 3% polyester. It has lock-stitched bar-tacked end hems for durability. It comes with a chevron dobby border on both ends. It also helps keep the fabric fresh longer and inhibit the growth of odor causing-bacteria because it is antimicrobial.
WPH Antimicrobial Face Mask- This face mask is manufactured with dual layer construction including a cotton-blend antimicrobial technology outer layer and a polypropylene filter inner layer. It has soft elastic ear loops, is GSA compliant, and is ready-to-wear.
WPH Antimicrobial Fitness Towel- This is a fantastic towel for any active lifestyle, fitness center, or spa. It is 95% cotton and 5% polyester with ring-spun cotton loops. It features double-stitched side hems and lock-stitched, bar-tacked end hems for durability. The towel is white with a navy pinstripe on both ends.
Mattresses- All our mattresses are made with antimicrobial fabric. These mattresses are designed with master craftsmanship to help provide a great sleeping experience. Some features they have include chill technology, personalized comfort, and durability.
STEX Platinum Antimicrobial Mattress Encasement- This mattress encasement offers great comfort and quality for your bed. It is waterproof and has a protective allergen barrier. The encasement can regulate temperature as well. It has a removable top zipper on all four sides for easy care and installation.
InnStyle is Here for You
InnStyle wants to make sure you have products with the best quality to use for your guests. Antimicrobial products can have an important role in making sure your guests are as safe as possible. If you have any other questions about our antimicrobial products or other products, please give us a call and speak with one of our account managers. They would be happy to answer your questions and provide their own recommendations. We can be reached at 267-354-6020 or 800-877-4667. Our website is https://www.innstyle.com/.