“It’s better to give than to receive.”
That little bit of wisdom tends to come up a lot during the winter holidays. It’s only after we get a little older – and gain some wisdom of our own – that we discover it’s true.
When we’re kids, part of the joy of Christmas comes from getting gifts. When we grow up, we discover the joy of giving gifts.
And while it feels great to give gifts to your family and friends, what if you could give a gift to a stranger?
This year, InnStyle is giving you the opportunity to do just that.
Buy a blanket – or any other gift – from our website, and we’ll give you a 15 percent discount on any purchase you make. We will then send them to a homeless shelter, women’s shelter or the charity of your choice.
Are you looking for other ways to give back this year? Consider some of these options:
- Reach out to a friend you haven’t spoken to all year.
- Collect food for your local food bank.
- Donate old coats to a local shelter.
- Buy some books for a stranger. If you’re on a budget, check to see if your community takes part in the Little Free Library program and donate some of your books there.
- Leave a cheerful note on someone’s windshield or give someone a compliment.
- Bake some cookies for your neighbors.
- Do some volunteer work. Time is valuable. There are countless non-profits out there that could use your help.
- Donate blood. It could literally save someone’s life.
- Donate pet food, blankets and toys to your local SPCA or animal shelter.
- Pay for someone’s dinner – or even their layaway at a department store – anonymously.
We’ve been blessed here at InnStyle, and are more than happy to send some of those blessings back into to the world. We hope you’ll join us in giving back this December.
7 thoughts on “Give The Gift Of Warmth To A Homeless Person”
We are a homeless shelter, with food pantry, housing and a machinery shop training program. We help homeless families and Veterans. We are in desperate need of help. Is there any way we could buy advertising on your page?
So sorry we do not have advertising on our site. But we do give to many homeless shelters, women shelters and youth centers in our area.
Location to drop off items
Thanks for your interest. Find a homeless shelter, women shelter, or charity of your choice! Or give of your time to a friend in need. Many other suggestions of giving, besides gifts, on this blog.
We do not advertise on our site. If we can help by sending products to you that you may need, let us know – what and where to send.
Brenda Osman, although I do not have a site per se, I do have social media and I would advertise your site on my media if that would help any 🙂
So kind of you!