Top covers are rapidly becoming one of the most popular top of the bed options for many properties. The industry is transitioning away from heavy quilted comforters and bedspreads and embracing a more modern look using triple sheeting with top covers. Property managers and housekeeping staff prefer the washability they offer compared to big, bulky linens. Top covers are offered with a wide range of materials and designs. Just like regular flat and fitted sheets, top covers are offered in both a cotton/polyester blend and polyester design but are more durable than sheeting fabric. This blog will compare the differences between these types of top covers to help properties decide which type is better for them.
Top 5 Reasons to Use a Cotton/Polyester Top Cover
- The cotton adds a natural, breathable fiber to the blend option.
- Many blended top covers are designed to allow guests to feel like they are sleeping on the softness of cotton while the added polyester helps reduce the amount of wrinkling to virtually nonexistent.
- The blends are known for getting softer and more comfortable after each wash.
- This option is durable and more resistant to tearing.
- Best laundered in cold water to help make stains less noticeable and improve durability.
Top 5 Reasons to Use Polyester Top Covers
- Man-made, artificial linen that is also known as microfiber.
- Less likely to wrinkle compared to cotton.
- More resistant to color fading over long periods of time.
- Highly economical sheet.
- 100% polyester has the best resistance to viral and bacterial growth compared to other types of linen materials.
Preferences for Your Property
Each property may have different situations and characteristics such as its location and budget that could determine whether they would want to use cotton or polyester top covers. Polyester top sheets would be a great choice for properties that have more of a tight budget. They do not experience fading or wrinkling which makes them easy to maintain and provides an overall great value.
Location is another important factor. Polyester sheets would be a better choice for properties that experience colder temperatures. Cotton blend top covers are the better option for properties in a warmer environment. Because cotton is a natural fiber, it will have better air circulation and allow people to have a cooler sleeping experience.
InnStyle Has Many Top Covers for You
Top covers are a growing hospitality product, and they offer many benefits. InnStyle offers top covers that are a cotton polyester blend and 100% cotton. InnStyle also has an excellent tutorial video on their website about how to properly make a bed using triple sheeting. InnStyle is here to help you if you have any type of top cover question or general hospitality question. Please give them a call and speak with one of their account managers. They can be reached at 267-354-6020 or 800-877-4667. Their website is https://www.innstyle.com/.