Shower curtains may feel like a product that is often neglected or an afterthought when updating a bathroom. Hospitality professionals may devote more time and budget to upgrading the most essential bathroom features like a sink, bathtub, toilet, shower, etc. However, shower curtains can add uniqueness and style to any bathroom and provide a better experience for guests. This blog will explain the different types of shower curtains and what makes each style unique.
Curtains vs. Liners
Shower curtains hang on the outside of the tub/shower with the primary purpose of adding privacy for whoever is using the shower. They are decorative and offered in various colors and patterns. The purpose of shower liners is to prevent water from flowing out of the shower by being placed on the inside of the shower. Most shower curtains, unless they are made of waterproof material, do not prevent the escape of water from a shower, so it is important to have a liner to compliment the curtain. Some curtains and liners have weights or magnets at the bottom to help hold them down and keep the water in. Liners are generally less expensive than shower curtains. While it is ideal to have both a shower curtain and liner in the bathroom, the liner is essential to keeping the water in the shower. The Pre-Hooked Duet Shower Curtain w/Snap-in Liner combines the shower curtain and the liner for added convenience.
Vinyl Shower Curtains
- Budget-friendly especially compared to shower curtains made with
- Vinyl repels water which helps prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
- Offered in many different color options to help match other bathroom accessories like towels and the paint color on the wall.
- Known for being low-maintenance and easy to replace if you are constantly planning on making changes to the bathroom.
- The Hotel Weight Vinyl Shower Curtain/Liner can be found on the InnStyle website.
Hookless Shower Curtains
- Great option for bathrooms being decorated in a modern look.
- Cost-effective because additional money will not be spent on hooks.
- Easy on maintenance because your housekeeping staff will not need to spend much time installing hookless shower curtains.
- Should experience less ripping since there will not be hooks on the top that may cause ripping when sliding the curtains.
- An example on the InnStyle website is the Leaf Hookless Shower Curtain with Liner.
Cotton Shower Curtains
- Usually higher in price but provide great quality and are long-lasting.
- Known for being very durable and relatively simple to wash.
- Recommended to have a shower curtain liner because cotton shower curtains are known for absorbing liquid very easily which can lead to mold growth.
- Best cotton shower curtains have a coating that acts as a protective barrier against bacteria and mildew.
- A shower curtain on the InnStyle website made with 80% supima cotton and 20% polyester is the Revolution 360 Supima Cotton Blend Shower Curtain.
Microfiber Shower Curtains
- Softer option than plastic shower curtains yet still good at repelling moisture.
- Durable, long-lasting quality, and easily washable.
- Good option for protecting against mold and mildew growth.
- Known for being a heavier shower curtain in terms of weight which is good for showers with high water pressure.
- InnStyle offers the Modern Dots Shower Curtain with Liner.
InnStyle Has Great Shower Curtains for You
Shower curtains bring a lot of value to a bathroom and should not be forgotten as an important product. There are many different types of shower curtains to choose from depending on the needs of your property and preferences of your guests. InnStyle offers vinyl shower curtains, hookless shower curtains, cotton shower curtains, and microfiber shower curtains that come in different colors and patterns. Please give InnStyle a call and speak with one of their account managers about any shower curtain or general hospitality questions that you may have. They can provide you with their own advice and recommendations. InnStyle can be reached at 267-354-6020 or 800-877-4667. Their website is https://www.innstyle.com/.