Everyone thinks of throw blankets as a decorative linen that adds extra warmth to a guest. Someone might enjoy sitting under a throw blanket on the couch with a hot, refreshing cup of hot chocolate. The reality is throw blankets have many purposes. They come in all different sizes, colors, and thickness levels. One of the more overlooked aspects of throw blankets is that they can be weighted. Weighted throw blankets aren’t as common as regular throw blankets, but there are many additional benefits that come with weighted throw blankets. This blog will explain what a weighted throw blanket is, the benefits of weighted full size and throw blankets, and how they can be styled around a property.
What is a Weighted Throw Blanket
- Throw Blankets are smaller than full size blankets that would go on a bed.
- Common size is around 50”x70”.
- Used as room accent to add color and texture to a room design.
- Can be used to keep people warm.
- Throw Blankets can have interesting patterns and colors to make it more noticeable.
- Weighted Throw Blankets are heavier than standard decorative throw blankets.
Benefits of Weighted Blankets
Weighted blankets can come both in the form of a throw blanket and a bed size blanket. Weighted blankets help people fall asleep faster by providing them with higher levels of comfort than regular blankets. Blankets that are weighted can reduce stress and anxiety by improving the sleeping patterns for individuals. Sleep quality can also be improved because weighted blankets cause levels of melatonin to rise which is the hormone that helps people sleep. Industry experts have also found that weighted throw blankets and bed-sized weighted blankets equally distribute a proportional amount of weight and pressure across the body which can help relax the nervous system. Weighted blankets can work best for those with certain medical conditions such as autism and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and can help those suffering from anxiety and sleeplessness.
How to Use Throw Blankets
1) Throw blankets can be used as a substitute for bed scarves by folding it horizontally across the bottom of the bed.
2) Throw blankets can stored in a basket to add to the design of a room, and guests will have easy access to them.
3) Throw blankets look nice laying on top of a couch especially if it has a color that matches the rest of the room.
4) Throw blankets can be placed on the arm of a chair by having it lay on the arm of the chair and then letting the rest of the blanket hang over the side.
InnStyle Offers Throw Blankets
Throw blankets can be a great option to add decoration to your property, and they can also be a great gift for friends or family. InnStyle offers both regular and weighted throw blankets that are offered in a wide range of colors. If you have any questions about throw blankets, weighted blankets, or bedding questions in general, please give us a call and speak with one of our account managers. They would be happy to answer your questions and offer their own product recommendations. InnStyle can be reached at 267-354-6020 or 800-877-4667. Their website is https://www.innstyle.com/.