Hospitality blankets are a perfect option for adding an extra layer of warmth on cold winter nights. They are soft, cozy, durable and can help you feel more comfortable while you sleep. There are many different options and styles that blankets come in, so it is important to make sure your blankets have the right weight, washability, and material to meet your needs. This blog is going to focus on blankets. We will address topics like the different types of blankets, how the laundering process works, and some popular blankets that InnStyle offers.
Different Types of Blankets
- Cotton is natural which makes it a popular material for linen
- Known for being breathable, soft, and comfortable
- Can be warm enough in the winter and cool enough in the summer to help give guests a good night sleep
- High-quality hospitality grade cotton is more durable and a better value than retail
- A synthetic fabric that keeps guests warm
- Good choice for properties in cooler climates
- Static electricity is sometimes felt when using these blankets
- Less breathable especially compared to cotton blankets
- Offered at a more economical price compared to cotton blankets
- Filling is made with feathers that are usually cushioned by fabric like cotton
- Provide good insulation without the heavy weight
- Offers different levels of warmth that can help during the winter or summer
- Can be used as an insert for a duvet cover because they are close in size to a down comforter
- Many are very durable and able to resist falling apart due to frequent use
- Priced at fair value for the high level of quality it offers
- Designed to feel comfortable and warm like down blankets but without the feathers
- Usually the synthetic filling is made out of materials like cotton, polyester, or rayon
- Better option than down blankets for people with allergies and asthma
- Easy to care for since these blankets are usually machine washable
- Offered at an economical price compared to down blankets
Washing Tips for Blankets
Overall, cotton blankets are known to wash and dry well which gives them the reputation of being easy to care for. The same can be said for polyester blankets and down alternative blankets. You have to be a little more cautious when laundering down blankets. Sometimes, the care instructions on the tag attached to the blanket may state that it is dry-clean only. If that is the case, it will need to be sent to a professional, and they will take care of the process for you. Otherwise, we recommend washing the down blanket on a gentle setting if you are going to launder it yourself.
There is no set formula for knowing how long each of these blankets can last. The life expectancy factors for the blankets will depend on the quality and how your property treats the blankets. Frequency of laundering and the number of guests you host are also factors in the life of your blankets. The greater the number of rooms and the more guests that stay at the property will increase the rotation and laundering cycle for the blankets. Along with that, the number of blankets you have in your rotation is also important. A larger amount of blankets available means that each individual blanket will need to be washed less frequently. This will put less wear-and-tear on your blankets and help them remain in good condition for a longer length of time. Even after the linens have been laundered, it is good to let them sit idle before putting them back on the bed for use. We recommend that cotton rest for a least one day after it has been washed to help ensure the fibers maintain their quality.
Blankets Offered at InnStyle
InnStyle offers hospitality cotton, polyester, down, and down alternative blankets. Some of the blankets we recommend include the following:
Down Alternative Blanket with Mink Binding: This down alternative blanket comes with a microfiber shell that has a silky and resilient feel. It has lightweight warmth for all season comfort and a baffle box construction that keeps the fill in place.
Classic Cotton Blanket: The Classic Cotton Blanket is made from 100% natural ring spun cotton. It has a soft and luxurious feel. It will also keep guests warm without the weight feeling too heavy making it a perfect option as a blanket to be used at all times of the year
Loft Blanket: The Loft Blanket is made with 100% polyester. It was created with non-pilling microfibers. It is durable and lightweight for all-season comfort.
InnStyle Is Here for You
Blankets are necessary for the comfort of your guests, and there are so many different types and styles that can fit your needs. We have a large selection of blankets here at InnStyle that come in many different styles and colors. If you have any questions about what blanket may be best for your property or yourself, please give us a call and speak with one of our account managers. They are happy to help and offer suggestions for you. We can be reached at 267-354-6020 or 800-877-4667. Our website is https://www.innstyle.com/.