These uncertain times may have you wondering how you can increase the longevity of your bedding. Ultimately, you want your bedding to last as long as possible. An overlooked method that can add to linen life is properly storing the bedding when not in use. Heavy blankets and comforters are not needed in the summer, and light sheets and top covers may not be useful in the winter time. You may also be experiencing a slow down due to COVID-19 and want to store linens not currently in use. You don’t want to leave them lying around the property unorganized and unprotected from the surrounding elements. This blog will provide some tips on how to properly store bedding.
Wash and Dry
- Wash bedding so that dirt and other odors do not get into the storage space or on the rest of the bedding such as pillows, quilts, sheets.
- Dry all bedding completely before storing.
- Moisture can cause mold and mildew to ruin your linens.
Best Way to Store Bedding
- Fold the bedding and put it in a closet such as on a shelf.
- Place bedding in an area with proper ventilation to decrease the likelihood of mold or unpleasant smells from developing.
- Store bedding in a location away from insects, rodents, humidity and sunlight.
- Avoid places like garages, attics, and basements which are more prone to humidity and pests.
Other Good Options
- Linen storage bags are ideal because they form a barrier from dust, bugs, rodents, and also have efficient ventilation to help prevent mold and mildew from developing.
- Vacuum storage bags are also an option for cotton or polyester comforters.
- Store below a bed or in a dresser.
- Avoid plastic storage bags which do not provide proper ventilation.
- Make sure to put sheets inside pillowcases to help keep them organized.
Products that can Help
InnStyle offers storage products that our customers have found work well. We have a Blanket Storage Bag and Pillow Storage Bag. These bags each have a clear layer on the top for viewing products. The storage bags are also surrounded by a non-woven material that helps with filtration to prevent the build-up of mold and mildew. Both storage bags have a handle to make them easier to carry. The Blanket Storage Bag also features a zipper that goes around on three sides. For more information on these products and more, please give us a call and speak with one of our friendly sales representatives. We can be reached at 267-354-6020 or 800-877-4667. Our website is https://www.innstyle.com/.