Sometimes all it takes to tie a room together is a good rug. Or a piece of artwork, or a smartly-chosen throw pillow.
Whatever the case, smaller items can make a huge difference to the overall look and feel of the décor.
However, accessories can also overwhelm the look of your space, whether you’re dealing with an open living room or a smaller space like your bathroom.
In this blog post, we’ll talk about ways you can use bathroom accessories to make your space feel more inviting and your guests feel more at home.
How to think about bathroom accessories
Before you go out to stock up on bath accessories, let’s review the best way to incorporate them into your décor:
1. Think about proportions
Have you ever been to a home where someone puts a tiny rug inside a giant living room? Or has a piece of furniture or artwork that dominates the entire room?
Before you start picking out bathroom accessories, make sure you’re choosing things that are the right scale to fit your space.
2. Quality, not quantity
Rather than going out and buying a bunch of little mass-produced knick-knacks, focus instead on including maybe one unique piece, such as an unusual – but still attractive – bit of art or a reclaimed and repurposed piece of furniture.
3. Blend colors
While the larger, more permanent furnishings and fixtures in your bathroom might be neutral colors, adding bathroom accessories of a different hue can make them stand out.
For example, you might want to choose colorful bath towels or a shower curtain with an interesting pattern to go with your plain white walls. It’s an easy decorating tip and something that’s simple to change with the seasons, so you can switch to darker colors when summer ends.
4. Work in layers
Start by adding larger accessories. Do this sparingly, adding smaller items as you go. Just remember to do this judiciously: a few bathroom accessories can make the space feel welcoming. Too many can make your guests feel like they’re in an antique shop.
From there, you can use these bathroom accessories to help update the appearance of your space:
- Bathmats – Few things will make your guests feel as disheartened by their stay as a worn-out bathmat. Replace your existing mats with ones that show off vibrant colors or new textures.
- Coordinated accessories – By making sure your practical accessories match – soap dishes, tissue box covers, waste baskets, amenity trays – you can bring the entire room together.
- Add some decorations – Not every accessory needs to serve a practical purpose. Some are there just to look nice and add a touch of style. This can include paintings or photos, vases and glassware, plants, flowers, or books and magazines.
- Storage containers – Baskets and boxes not only help you organize towels and toiletries; they also add a touch of style to your bathroom.
- The right waste basket – Your bathroom needs to have a waste basket, so why not get one that has a little bit of style?
Are you searching for a way to give your establishment’s bathrooms a new look? Turn to InnStyle, where we offer a wide array of bathroom accessories, from towels to robes to green bath products. Contact our sales team today at 1-800-877-4667 to see how we can give your restrooms a fresh new look.