As we mentioned in our previous post, many household products in your home may be able to remove stains without you needing to purchase new products.
If these do not work, then it is time to purchase one product that will work on many different stains.
At InnStyle, we carry a few products that will work with most stains. Again, the most important thing to remember is that it may take time, patience and second or third applications before you can remove the stain.
But all that work will be worth it if it means saving the item from the rag bag and eliminating the need to purchase new linens, clothing, etc.
For laundry stains, some stain removal products can be used full strength. The product 1000+ Stain Remover provides a concentrated stain removal. Here are 14 ways it works on various stains.
- Lipstick on fabric, apply 1000+ directly onto the stain and toss in laundry.
- Mascara: Use 1000+ full strength. Apply directly onto the stain. Rinse with cold water. If mascara remains, apply again or use vinegar or hydrogen peroxide.
- Blood-Soak in cool salt water for a few hours. Apply 1000+ to stain, lightly work into fabric, flush with cool water, reapply, launder using an Enzyme based detergent.
- Coffee- Spread the fabric over a bowl and from a distance, pour boiling water directly on the stain. Can then use product, rub into stain. If stain is out, launder.
- Chocolate-Apply product to fabric. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Cool Water works best with this type of stain. If out, then launder, if not apply again. Then launder.
- Wine – At sink, spread the fabric over a large bowl. Pour salt over the stain. From a distance, pour boiling water directly on the stain. Or, if able, run a full force running faucet directly on the stain (coated with salt on fabric). If stain remains, use 1000+ full strength, flush with cool water. Then launder.
- Make-up – Apply 1000+ lightly work into fabric with a brush, flush with water, reapply 1000+ then launder.
- To get rid of set oil based stains such as gravy, salad dressings, and butter from table linens, apply 1000+ Stain Remover directly onto stain, work into fabric with a brush, let sit for a couple of hours or overnight for heavily soiled items, launder using the warmest temperature possible for the type of fabric. Repeat if required.
- When dealing with gum stuck to fabric, apply ice to gum and freeze fabric, if possible. Scrape off, then apply 1000+ Stain Remover full strength, let it sit for a couple of minutes, then apply a fine water mist and loosen and peel gum away from fabric.
- To get dirt spots from rugs, apply a small amount of 1000+ Stain Remover directly onto stain, work in lightly with a brush or cloth, spray with water, and blot with a clean light colored utility towel to remove the stain, continue to spray and blot to remove traces of foam. Repeat if necessary.
- Remove heavy grime and adhesive from any surface that normally tolerates water by applying 1000+ Stain Remover straight and wiping with a damp cloth.
- When cleaning glass and mirrors, dilute two teaspoons of 1000+ Stain Remover into a quart of water in a spray bottle in order to produce a streak free glass and mirror cleaner.
- Tough stains, such as blueberries, may require additional soaking. Once you have removed the stain, add to washing machine with detergent of your choice.
- We can’t stress this next part enough: Pre-treat stains, then wash, detergents aid in stain removal. Be sure stains are removed prior to drying as this may fix the stain. Some fixed stains are difficult to remove but not all are impossible with 1000+ Stain Remover!
The bottom line: this product is very flexible and can be adjusted to your needs.
We realize that arguing “if it is super dirty add more concentrated product and if it is not so dirty use more water” sounds unscientific. But it’s true; you’ll figure 1000+ Stain Remover out as you play with the product. This is why we say “Discover what 1000+ Stain Remover can do for you”.
Just to let you know that my housekeeping supervisor tried the new stain remover 1000+ on a load of towels today. He said they were heavily soiled and that in his experience, towels in that condition would not come clean and would have to be removed from service.
Guess what? They all came clean!! 15 bath towels, 4-5 hand towels and at least 6 wash cloths. That enzyme just saved us roughly $200+ in linen replacements!
I’d say this was a good day, and we are grateful for yet another quality product from InnStyle!
Please let me know when you have the 135 oz size Stain Remover back in stock. I have a feeling we’ll always want and need to keep a good supply on this on hand.
If you prefer using a spray stain remover, ESPRO is one we recommend for stains. It is very easy to use. This product can also be used on all stains mentioned above. Remember that this is a diluted product rather than a full strength product. Spray ESPRO a few times, rub in with a soft brush or cloth. Let it sit for 3-5 minutes. Rinse under the sink to see if stain is out. If not, treat it again.
If you find that the stain is not out after washing, you can always treat it again. This applies to all stain removal products. It’s crucial not to wash a stained item in hot water and then add it to the dryer where the stain will be set and most likely not be able to be removed or lightened.
ESPRO has an odor guard which eliminates odor and has a pleasant smell which leaves your items with a fresh smell. It is also used to eliminate odors on shoes, sports uniforms and sports equipment.
Some additional uses for ESPRO Stain Remover:
- Athletic uniforms and equipment
- Car upholstery
- Food stains
- Pet stains
- Hunting stains
- Red clay and grass stains
ESPRO’s ability to get out the difficult stains in our sheets and linens at the inn including wine and other juice stains, is the reason we are “still loving the product”!
Kitt, owner of the Bluefield Inn, West Virginia
The products that we recommend are all environmentally friendly. These products do not contain bleach. They address all the stains mentioned above and many more.
If you would like to speak to one of our knowledgeable sales reps about our stain removers or any other InnStyle product, please call 1-800-877-4667.