Choosing the proper size tablecloth for your table is easy, but there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Measure the length and width of the table.
- Decide on the drop you prefer. A typical drop ranges between 10″ to 12″. If you want your tablecloth to go to the floor, then the drop would usually be 30” (a typical table height), but always measure.
- Add the amount of the drop multiplied by two to both the length and the width of the table. (i.e., If the table measures 42″W x 84″L and you want a 12″ drop, then the oblong tablecloth should measure 66″ [42″W+24″ total drop] x 108″ [84″L + 24″ total drop.])
For a Round Table:
- Measure the diameter of your table.
- Decide on the length of the drop.
- Add the amount of the drop multiplied by two to the diameter of the table. (i.e., If the table measures 60″ in diameter and you want it to go to the floor with a 30″ drop, then the round tablecloth should measure 120″ [60″ diameter + 60″ total drop].)
Always remember to allow for shrinkage and add the appropriate amounts to your final calculations. A linen tablecloth or a cotton tablecloth may shrink approximately 4-8%. For a ringspun polyester tablecloth, there is no shrinkage.
Please visit the Dining section on our website to view all the tablecloth choices that we offer. If you don’t see a style to your liking, please call 1-800-877-4667 to speak to one of our knowledgeable sales reps, who will be happy to guide you with the right choice for your needs.